Monday, March 10, 2014

"Monster" Smoothie




Monster Smoothie…what?  I've run across a lot of green smoothie recipes and came up with my own concoction. We call it a "Monster" Smoothie so my son who loves "monsters and Jesus" would hopefully drink it.  It works - he drinks it and loves it.  He also tells me he only likes happy monsters.  

This is a yummy green smoothie full of vitamins and "super powers".  I've had spinach smoothies before and ended up throwing them down the drain but this one I've become obsessed with. 


 I love the combination of the sweet and tart pineapple, banana and apple and hint of coconut that completely over power the large amount of spinach I throw in there.  I am actually having one almost everyday and am running out of spinach fast!  


Hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious treat!

MONSTER SMOOTHIE
(makes one tall 16 oz. smoothie or two 8oz. smoothies)

Juice of 1 large orange
1/2 cup Lemonade
1 small Red Apple or Gala Apple cut up
Large Handful of Fresh Baby Spinach
1/2 cup of frozen pinneapple
3 ice cubes of Coconut Water 
Ripe Banana
Dash of Light Agave Nectar

Optional
Sprinkle Chia Seeds on top
Add Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Toss in Wheat Germ

Mix all in a blender and serve

~Enjoy~





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I am trying this today! Very similar to mine, but I haven't tried with the juices and chia seeds.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'll have to try yours too! I love smoothies!!! Thanks for your feedback on my posts - it's always so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...