Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lynn Morgan Design

I have a confession to make.  I was in La Guardia airport about 4 years ago and saw Lynn Morgan's apartment in a magazine and fell in love but instead of buying the magazine I took a picture of it with my phone.  I'm sure I'm the only one that has done that!  I'm not sure where those pictures are but her website has them and they are just as gorgeous as I remember.  I am always drawn to stripes and graphic patterns so I thought we would take a look at Lynn Morgan's projects and her sophisticated use of these elements.  Her Connecticut Farmhouse project is a little more subtle in color contrast but the concepts are still there.  Usually neutral walls and backgrounds with either a single color pop or sometimes she selects three colors in conjunction with each other to strike color into a room.  

Lynn Morgan has been practicing since 1982 with most of her work in the New York area, Connecticut and vacation homes in Nantucket, Vermont, Martha's Vineyard, Palm Beach and the Rockies.  Her work has been featured in many publications including Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Coastal Living, and more.  All images except where noted are from her website - she has a great volume of work so please take a look here.  Some of her projects I featured in my post on Brooks and Falotico which you can check out here.

Lynn Morgan's New York City Apartment




Avon Townhouse



 Connecticut Farmhouse



 


Southport, CT Home



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...