Thursday, May 8, 2014

James S. Collins Lecture for the ICAA at Price Pritchett's Residence



Just look at this gorgeous home I had the privilege of stepping foot into.  One of our spring ICAA events was held in this home owned and remodeled by Price Pritchett of Pritchett-IV.  Price is a Builder specializing in New Construction and Design and Vintage Restoration.  This home was once considered a tear down by most but Price was up for the challenge and beautifully restored this home back to its roots with lots of taste and class. 


This Park Cities home was the perfect back drop to our ICAA event where Architect James S. Collins lectured on Classical Interiors.  



The weather was perfect so I decided to eat my Hors d'Oeuvres on the patio and then we headed inside for the lecture.


I loved how the eat-in kitchen had french doors that led to the patio.  This home is full of natural light and charm.  I even loved how the garage could have been a second guest house because it was finished with character and detail.


The lecture was in the front Living Room.  The floors are perfect and the marble fireplace brought lots of character to this room.  It was so great to sit in this room and be surrounded by so many windows.  


There is something about a low window that speaks character to me.  Why not bring in as much light as possible.  Price did an amazing job on this house.  


Fireplace - need I say more and the brass floor grilles were stunning.  Every detail was thought out.  James S. Collins gave a fascinating lecture on classical elements specifically teaching on columns and mouldings and their history, differences and proportions.  It was a geometry session in itself and I was blown away by the amount of detail and knowledge we were taught in just about an hour.  Just another advantage of being an ICAA member and one that I am most excited about is the education in classical design that we receive.  


I love how masculine this powder bath is but the gold touches put a feminine spin on the room.  I also love a great faucet and this one is stunning.  Gorgeous edge detailing on the honed marble top.


The kitchen was beautiful with the granite countertops and backsplash.  Very clean and yet keeping with the traditional image of the home.


Loved the staircase details.  The finishes in the home were both chrome and brass and I thought this tied it all together.  I'm such a fanatic about balancing finishes in a home that I was so pleased to see how well this was thought through.


The entry was amazing and everything was perfectly put together.  The wall paneling and trim work was elegant and extremely tasteful.  


I was probably drooling at this point because so many builders don't trim out homes correctly and cut so many corners but Price Pritchett got it right!


The bathrooms dripped of class and the marble reflected surfaces, clear glass showers and shiny brass fixtures gleamed good taste.


I loved the wood doors and brass hardware.  The master bathroom was beautiful not only because of the finishes but there were two windows in here and it was so great to see more natural light in a bathroom.


The bathroom fittings were timeless and I loved how the exposed concept brought more detail and reference to the age of this home.


Here's a close up.  Look how perfectly lined up this fitting is with the toilet - that is perfection!


I took this image because I loved the recessed cabinetry and extra detail on the inset that reminds me of the crown moulding. 


Master bedroom with lots of light and look at the tastefully vaulted ceilings.


Here's another close up I took with my iPhone showing the stunning leaf design.  You know a house is great when you take photos with your iPhone and they looked like you took them with a camera.  Price Pritchett was so generous to open up his home and work to host this ICAA event as the event sponsor and was very kind to share his photos with me.  Thank you Price and as you can tell I love your work!
To find out more about Pritchett-IV go to Price's website here.

James S. Collins did a fascinating job informing us about classical architecture and also does an amazing job designing them himself.  To see examples of his work, if you haven't already in publications such as Period Homes or New Old House, check out his website here.  Thank you James S. Collins for flying in from the greater New York area to speak to the Dallas/Fort Worth ICAA.

Thank you Starlight Home Theater and Beyond for always providing audio/visual for our events and being an event sponsor along with Lambert's as the other event sponsor for the evening. 




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Trisha-
    This grand home is so beautiful!
    Thank you for the tour.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This home is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome home. From the stately front columns to the long windows, this is very gracious. Many thanks for the tour, Trisha. Cheers, Loi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very enjoyed for this blog. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.
    If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    I know something information, to know you can click here
    air conditioning brisbane
    air conditioning installation brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...